PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joys of a window seat
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:40
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape writes:

I can sit peacefully when the 'plane arrives instead of being forced to join the baah..... baah ... herd in the aisle who stand there until the doors open.

The last 5 or 6 times I've flown, I've been very lucky and have gotten my prized window seat. Seeing the world from cruise altitude never gets old.

Also, you don't get bumped into by the crap-carts or wobbly folks on their way to the toilet, and it's harder for numbskulls to drop things out of the overheads onto your head.

And there is a now a great treat to be had, as Cape has mentioned - the insane rush to get off the plane.

If I'm in a low-numbered seat near the front, I'll spend those few minutes standing hunched over just so I can look back and watch the process.

It is absolutely hilarious - the 3 Stooges (or the Keystone Cops) meets modern tech. These are mostly the same folks who drive aggressively in heavy city traffic, weaving and passing, only to end up caught at the same stop lights the less chaotic drivers do.

I'm also fond of the idiots who will stand in the aisle and stretch a bit, oblivious to those behind.

The last time I flew commercial, one of the FAs thanked those of us who remained seated and didn't contribute to the general mayhem.

This was prolly brought on by the idiot in the row in front of me in the window seat, who stepped all over the guy next to him trying to contort himself so he could get his stuff out of the overhead before the two others in that row could. He dropped his bloated roller case into the aisle, it popped open, and people had to wait while the person in that row on the aisle picked up all the jerk's junk.

The passengers of Greyhound, et cetera, don't show this same lack of sense - debarking is usually pretty orderly.

..?