PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Casuals
Thread: Qantas Casuals
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2002, 21:28
flying_fox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mrs Floatjockey

So sorry to hear about Australian.

If you dont give up you will get there. Most FA's that I know have a line of failed interview processes behind them before finally receiving that almighty "Yes" letter. I know I had several attempts.........

I found that I would always get to the third interview and then mess it up. In hindsight, I probably had the interview in the bag and then I would say just that little bit too much and would have "talked my way out of the job"!

I will suggest to you what a great friend did for me. That is to go and do an interview course of some desccription. I had all of the right attributes but just could not bring them across sucessfully in that final interview. I went and did one and it really helped. (It also gave me some self-confidence back - after a few knockbacks it tends to be a little battered and bruised.) This sort of professional help can pinpoint for you exactly where you are going wrong. Beleive me, it is probably something oh so slight that you may be saying or doing that is holding you back!

My very next application led to employment as a Flight Attendant.

The trick is to learn something from each failure and to keep focused and never give up. You WILL eventually get there. It is obvious that you will - because you keep getting so far into the interview process each time!

All the best,

Foxy.