PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building Ideas / ownership / routes? (Merged)
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:28
flyhighspeed300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE] route through Europe and into Asia - is this too ambitious?

If you have your own plane yer go for it.
Otherwise just remember the 50hour check the aircraft has to under go. Some flying club maybe not too happy of taking the aircraft to far to due any technical problems with the aircraft. i.e how to get it back if it is unfit to fly? (cost and who will pay to bring it back)

Asia maybe but could be too far.
I would say Europe a must do tho.

If your from bournemouth its just a stone throw across to France?
another thing is too take someone with you who has a CPL and IR rating. Do not pay them tho There are lots of people about these days with these ratings. of course you log the hours but you will not get into any bad habbits and learn more challenging thing before i guess you do your CPL and IR rating.

I did it the hard way. I said what i would do on my hour building but never did it all. i.e because of weather, rules, and playing it too safe to get back so i would make sure i got home again instead of the cost of too many over nighters.
the cost of over nighters adds up and then there is parking fee and landing fees etc. cost is always a big factor

hope this helps