PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Assist New Flight School
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2002, 21:16
phd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no smoke no fire

Not sure of your motives for this posting. I am a potential student of PAC and am looking at them as well as all the other training providers before making a decision on who to study with for the ATPL theory. There are many good quality, flying training organisations throughout the UK that are not as large and established as say Oxford or Cabair - but still offer a quality training product and may do so at a more competitive price than the larger schools which may have greater overheads. I believe PAC is one such organisation.

Do not forget that all UK flying training organisations are closely regulated and frequently audited by the CAA to ensure consistent standards are achieved. The adequacy of the training is therefore not really in question.

I agree that the buyer should always beware when spending thousands of pounds on any product or service, as even the biggest and best of companies sometimes hit hard times. You therefore need to limit your liability with whoever you train with. However I believe there is no evidence to suggest that PAC is any more or less financially robust than any other UK school. Look around, chose the school that is the right one for you, drive a hard bargain, pay with a credit card and then get stuck into the studying.