PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:28
donna79rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Now we have FINALLY returned I thought I'd add my opinion!! I'll say the good first as I believe the onboard staff deserve it - outbound the ground staff were excellent and very accomodating. On both the outbound and inbound flight the on board staff were also ecellent and very helpful when I asked for a seatbelt extension (very discreet and lovely too). Both planes were clean and had no apparent issues.

Unfortunately I have to add that there was bad too. We were due to fly back on the 15th when the whole volcanic ash drama kicked off. In fact we were actually at the airport when many uk flights were cancelled. Whilst ALL the other airlines were very quick to cancel and help there passengers Viking were not. Most passengers around us were quickly dealt with (including Ryanair etc even if they were being told soonest flight would be 1st of May) however we were told numerous times by an incredibly rude man that our flight would be leaving soon (amazing since it was still sat on the runway at manchester) and when they finally admitted we were going nowhere, at about 3pm in the afternoon, we were told as it wasn't Vikings fault to sort ourselves out until further notice. A week, later after being told next to nothing on the website and unable to get through on the phone for 6 days, we arrived for a flight that was already scheduled to run with passengers for both the 15th and the 22nd. Again the same rude man was demanding everyone with tickets for the 22nd had to go to the back of the queue so I'm not sure if everyone actually managed to fly despite us all being told to turn up. And now after paying out nearly £700 extra in accomodation and food, we are trying to claim back the money it seems Viking should have legal paid whilst we were in resort. However the 1 phone conversation i managed to have in the whole time suggested they do not intend to comply with ec reg 261. I have filled in their online complaint form and have been told to expect a reply in 28 days.