PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:00
Reargunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there seem to be conflicting stories about whether the union agreed or not. I rang and asked if they had, and they told me yes. Karen Slinger then told me that the shortage of cabin crew was so severe from the disruption that they could not man these flights anyway and had to use VC purely because of manpower needs.

I posted on the previous page about this concern over the new redeployment agreement being linked into the cabin crew agreements, and asked about the impact on BA's ability to close down the pensions schemes. I was hoping that somebody who knows more about pensions could have told me if it is a real concern.

Does anybody know which employee groups have already agreed the changes, and if this is a real issue?
Dr. Ros Altmann - investment expert, investment banker, economist and pensions industry adviser

Find IFAs and Financial Advisers at the financial social network : IFA Life - Will Ba Be The First Major Company To Be Bankrupted By Its Pension?