PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it normal to feel better turning one way?
Old 2nd May 2010, 11:59
Noah Zark.

Ich bin ein Prooner.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure I remember this being mentioned on one of those quality fly-on-the-wall docusoaps that the Beeb used to do, I think it was "Test Pilot", many eons ago. Apparently pilots in the Luftwaffe in WW2 picked up on this before we did, that when making an attack on an RAF aircraft, almost without exception they immediately broke to the left, and the German pilots were ready to match this, and carry through the attack.
For my own case, when I had a motorcycle, I could sling it into any left-hander without a thought, but on a right-hander, it was a bit first, then a bit more, Ooooh , straighten up then bank again, and so on round the corner. (Not every time, by any means, only when I made the mistake of thinking about it just before doing it, instead of just doing it.)
But it really was bad if (in a suitable place, large flat car park, etc.) I tried to control the bike at very low speed, below walking pace, as you see Police riders doing on T.V.) Do a left-hand circle, no probs. Right-hand circle, no hope!