PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand ATC jobs
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2010, 01:09
AngeleToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel I'll be there soon, any recommendations/contacts???

Hi again, CA and other kiwis...

I'll be there (in NZ I mean, of course ) by the end of this month, for a couple of weeks at least, to know the country and its people at firsthand, and to prospect the labor market (hopefully as ATC, but not limited to...).

As you can imagine, I've been reading from and talking with people that have been there (on holidays or living short time periods) these last two months and, apart from the fact that NZ is my country's antipode, I've found nothing to keep me (and my family) from trying to start a new life there. Obviously, that depends if we are accepted there, but being IT professionals both my wife and myself (I'm ATC since these last 6 years, so I still remember my previous life) with tons of experience, I'm pretty optimist about our chances as family to get integrated there...

Sooooo, I would like to beg your help, kiwi colleagues, as I would like to meet there with some of you and chat about .... well, everything!!! So little time and so much to do... It will be a great help if any of you accepted to show me your work center (whether it is a TWR or an ACC) and would spend some hours with me answering questions and polishing my 'rusty' english. Of course, I take care of any beverage or food we may need for the task...

Thanks in advance and you can PM me with any personal data, email, phone number or whatever. BTW, I plan to travel both islands from side to side, so nobody would have to move anywhere, I'll do the travelling.