PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 22:12
767-300ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Greed - 100% of the reason, cloaked in "human rights". I wondered how long it would take for this farce to make it onto PPRUNE.

At a staff Christmas dinner in Dec 2009 I sat with my wife's boss....the bosses' husband told me he knew a recently retired AC pilot...the topic of age 60 came up...the husband told me that the retired AC pilot joined the "fly til we die" group....but he had no intention of flying again...joined just because he figured that some magical money tree would pay him some money for violating his "rights".

I have no problem with Air Canada pilots retiring at 65 or whatever...for any pilot hired after 01 May 2010...the problem comes into how we deal with guys already on the property or who have already retired...

Since the two poor souls (who's rights have been disrespected) advanced their entire careers because the pilots senior to them retired at 60...how about we do this Ray?

They can come back to a place where they were 5 years before they turned 60???? and while we are at it, everyone else who was forced to retire at 60 should be given the same opportunity....

Where do you think this money is going to come from Ray????

It going to come from your fellow pilots...thanks so much for the ultimate demonstration of screwing your buddies for your personal gain...

This is disgusting.