PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 20:52
harrypic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Offer

Interesting to see that even Unite agree that the new offer addresses cc concerns and is a fair offer (although not as good as last summers offer )

Unites reasons for not recommending, ie disipline hearings (some of which criminal investigations are underway ), re-istatement of non contractual staff travel perk with seniority (without seniority is in the offer) and that you can't beleive anything BA management say - ludicrous....

It shows a real lack of proffessionalism, not just from BASSA but now but Unite as well, Britains biggest Union - all you other Unite members out there, how do you feel about them making a IA condition upon letting off some of the people you saw bullying and harrasing on the Aurora video's et al....?

And the rhetoric on the Unite website and press releases - reminds me of "Red Robbo" and "Arthur Scargill" - these guys are still living in the '70s - not in a world financial crisis!!!!!

But, it does seem to me BA Mgt are getting their ducks in a row - after 12 weeks they can justify sacking all strikers if they show they have tried to reach a reasonable settlement......Unites rejection reasons of a fair offer (disipline hearings, ST and "their liars") just plays into BA's hands should it come to that outcome.....

Girls and guys - it's your future not mine, make sure your well informed and make the right choice....your reason for striking ie "imposition" has been re-solved and your concerns addressed - your now potentially striking to save 50 disipline hearings and some senior CSD crews benefits......

The end game is approaching and one side is holding P45's.....whats Unite holding now - indefinate strike? BA have the VCC's to handle that now with a full schedule.....