PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 15:32
just an observer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monthly Travel payment

In The Way Forward BA says - We have provided protection for security of earnings, having agreed a new monthly travel payment, that consolidates existing variable payments for Heathrow fleets. The payment will be based on the average of the 2008 schedule. The company will adjust the monthly travel payment each year, in line with base pay.

On the other thread, MissM says - MTP seems like a good deal but it also says that it will be adjusted every year and based on the flight schedule. As routes go over to New Fleet there will be a reduction in flights on both EF and WW and logically the MTP rate would also be decreased.

I know MissM visits here occasionally, and I can't post there, but I'd like to know how from BA's words, she gets her interpretation?

As I see it, the adjustment if anything will be upwards in line with whatever % rise there is in basic pay. The starting amounts are based on the 2008 schedule and then get adjusted in line with basic pay, not on the 'old fleet' flight schedule as it reduces. Nowhere does BA say it will be adjusted according to the flight schedule, it specifically says in line with basic pay. Is this interpretation being pushed on the BASSA forum?