PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st May 2010, 15:26
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First it was about "imposition" (despite the fact that negotiations had taken place for nine months).

Now, it seems to be all about the return of staff travel - read the Unite website drivel. The majority of posts on BF's webchat yesterday were along the lines of "I would accept this proposal if you give me my staff travel back".

Really? Well this proposal is in fact worse than the proposal that was REJECTED in March when Len McLuskey, under instruction it appears from the BASSA reps, took it upon himself to announce strike dates. So if it wasn't good enough then, why, subject to staff travel, would it be good enough now?

It really does prove how utterly useless and incompetent BASSA really are.

MissM - you have admitted to having a complete lack of trust of management, but please don't state things that you THINK will happen as facts.

The company will adjust the monthly travel payment each year, in line with base pay.
That is what is quoted in the Way Forward offer. Nowhere does it mention that it could "just decrease". Additionally, because it is contractual, BA would not be able to just "decrease" it any more than they can just "decrease" our basic pay.

BASSA have whipped people into a frenzy of unfounded paranoia, and it now stands to wreck all our livelihoods as they fail to see the grave errors BASSA is making.

I am BA crew and this is my own viewpoint and not that of BA.