PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joys of a window seat
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 15:08
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Talking

Window every time but more ... window on the Sunny Side of the machine. If departing in darkness and arriving in light, then the side where the sun is expected to be!

Always been like this - even when I travelled regularly on biz. I, too, wait until the crowd is off, and if I have checked bags then I'm often last off when in Y. These days, my lh is in Premiumn Economy and so I get out at a suitable time.

Windows are vital to see the world, the clouds, the airports, other traffic, to gain privacy, to dream. When travelling in company, it will depend on the lady and if she is very keen for the window I may well relent! On the occaisons that I have been to a destination before, then I always let my companion take the window to see the view.

I agree about London but Cape Town is usually good - although more so on departure (winds of course). I was fortunate enough to go through Kai Tak a number of times. Lac Leman looks on good on easterly approach to GVA, MUC on departure has great views of the mountains ... there are so many and I want to see them all.