PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Classic Performance
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 13:24
cortilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for autobrakes,

Look at the performance in flight section of your QRH (lots of useful stuff in there yet i have yet to see someone look at it unless on a line check).

A/C weight, pressure altitude, OAT, and expected landing speed give you a figure.

Then you use a table (next page) with autobrake setting and amount of reverse thrust used (Nil or detent).

Gives another figure.

Feed that figure into next table (below)

gives you brake cooling schedule.

I've often (actually nearly every time) using just idle reverse and even only autobrake one you exceed the brake cooling schedule for a quick turnaround. The figure i usually come up with is 43 mins or more. And remember this time only starts when you release the park brake on shut down.

Most airports that have noise issues state that the use of more than reverse idle is forbidden unless (here's my getout clause) safety factors dictate otherwise. With a wet runway or a quick turnaround safety factors override the noise issue.

Or do as centaurus states and use no brakes until below 100-80 knots.

Most of the airports i go to want me off the runway asap so that's usually the first or second high speed turn off and so i use autobrake 1 2 or 3 (seen someone use max once and boy did we stop especially as a/c was very very light).

But as always i stand to be corrected by those that have more experience than myself.