PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joys of a window seat
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 13:20
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I prefer a window seat. I find looking out quite relaxing and often interesting and it beats the view of the aisle and the people opposite, or the head of the person in front. I can lean against the bulkhead, distancing myself from the snorer/nosepicker/talker/foodflicker in the adjacent seat with his or her bad breath/BO/flatulence/inane conversation.

I am not disturbed by someone climbing over me or disturbing me to get in and out, granted I may have to do so to others but that's their problem not mine. I don't get my legs and arms banged every time the service trolley or an overweight passenger goes up the aisle, and I don't have people congregating next to my seat to use the toilets.

I can sit peacefully when the 'plane arrives instead of being forced to join the baah..... baah ... herd in the aisle who stand there until the doors open.

I can never for the life of me understand why anyone would want an aisle seat. Mrs. CT always has the aisle seat, she hates the window seat, but then I've never understood her either. Thankfully though it's one less thnig to argue about.