PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 11:56
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havnt ever done a check ride with any of "the old boys club", they had the smarts to fly the line and leave this stuff to the junior types who became checkers/trainers as anything was better than the ****ty blocks they could hold! In two months I have to do a ride on our 421/Citation both for I/R renewal and insurance coverage, I can assure you the checker does no favours, in fact I doubt if I will have set eyes on him/her before, so forget the crap about the "old boys club", he/she has a job to do and no doubt will do it in a totally profesional manner, and I will have to fly the aircraft in the same way.I think its up to the individual to know when to pull the pin, if he/she doesnt then the system should do it, as for staying on at my previous airline job beyond sixty, I wouldnt get out of bed for most of the pay scales I see these days, not to mention having a P2F sitting next to me! On a broader view, we in Canada are an ageing population, its becoming a huge social problem, this along with pension fund shortfalls has changed the whole retirment picture, its time to have a whole new look at retirment ,as for some of my group who tried to stay on, if they hadnt bought so many houses for women they hate their decision making process might have been a bit different!

Last edited by clunckdriver; 1st May 2010 at 12:48.