PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st May 2010, 09:26
gr8tballsoffire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balloting ALL cabin crew

Seems like a good PR exercise as the likelihood is that WW will get a majority in favour of acceptance, but I doubt it will have any legal implications.

BTW, WW has NOT done everything he said since he has now agreed to restore limited ST. He has gone on record that he will never do so. This is either a pragmatic approach or a clever tactic to show that he has been negotiating in good faith.
It is essential to be seen to do so if he choses to use the 12 week rule later on.

It seems to me that UNITE have already broken one of the areas that WW has demanded i.e."to communicate in a balanced manner". By reccomending rejection of the offer and making general statements about lack of trust as opposed to simply presenting the facts they have stuck two fingers up to Willie. It seems like the militants in BASSA have won the internal battle. How can Derek Simpson reconcile his present position with his earlier "bunch of clowns" comments.