PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 07:35
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA can ask its staff whatever it likes, and do whatever it likes with the response, but in my opinion I'm sure it's more of an exercise of getting their side out there.

AO is right in as much as the stupid BASSA hive mind will be told to reject the offer, and will do so, lemming style, without really knowing why they are doing it.

Most of them are too dumb to understand the situation their "leaders" have put them in anyway.

And let's face it, a hung parliament is not going to waste too much time getting involved in a minor labour dispute, so they'll probably let BA finish the job off.

The only sensible solution is to accept the offer before more damage is done; those that don't will absolutely deserve what they get. I do feel that WW will not penalise everyone, and is doing a good job of sorting out the wheat from the retarded BASSA chaff.

Contrary to much of the mainstream media coverage of the strikes painting unions as "unreasonable," Mr Woodley asserted to cabin crew: "We stand for a proper partnership with British Airways going forward, based on mutual respect and shared values.

"Such a scenario is unattainable on the basis of the offer before you, against the background which I have explained. That is why, while urging you to examine the offer carefully, I ask you to reject it and empower your negotiators to return to the company to seek the changes required on travel concessions and discipline."
What utter nonsense these people spout.

Last edited by ChicoG; 1st May 2010 at 09:34.