PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ash clouds threaten air traffic
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 05:23
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The retroactive blaming of all aviation authorities, VAACs and its associated scientific advisors and risk management teams in order to follow the media mainstream is therefore a direct result of this lack of core knowledge.
I am not a scientist or an engineer and dont have a clue how many thousands of studies or papers have been written on the subject.
you obviously are by your profile, so please enlighten us to how a zero tolerance of ash which has been in place for years can suddenly be thrown on the ash heap within days and replaced with new levels of acceptable ash.

Maybe the culmination of all this research happened to coincide with this vulcanic eruption in timely fashion??? But then I am sure you will know?

As to your arrogance maybe pprune should have a requirement of holding a PH.D degree to post here?

I am not alone in my "views" and it will be intersting to see whether the airlines are happy to accept their losses or challenge the whole handling of the crisis to retrieve those losses through the courts as they claim they will! They must feel they have an arguement over how matters were handled?
It is not the individual skills or dedication of the cooks in question but probably too many of them spoiling the broth.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st May 2010 at 07:12.