PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th Apr 2010, 21:17
gr8tballsoffire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspensions

Litebulbs
It is wrong to lump all strikers in the same category, but whilst there is no doubt that some CC have been caught up in this either innocently or through naivety there can be NO good reason for the internal process to be overriden by BASSA/UNITE's demands.
There may well be people who will be found innocent and some who will simply get a warning as in any disciplinary process.
I, like most of us on here have little knowledge of individual cases, but we have all heard of some extremely serious misconduct verging on the criminal. Would you want to work alongside people like that? I know I wouldn't, and if the story about the threat against the BALPA official is true that is truly appalling. How can you make light of that?
Furthermore, anyone has the option to take the company to an industrial tribunal if they believe they have been wrongfully dismissed. Do you want to bet that none will do so?
BASSA/UNITE had the opportunity very early to take a responsible stance by making a statement warning their members about inappropriate behaviour, yet they chose not just to turn a blind eye ,but condoned it. A real abrogation of duty to the membership, many of whom are no doubt regretting their actions.