PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Things Happen in The Air Force
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 17:32
SOSL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
See item 1 in post #1. When I was posted in to said station (near golf course etc) I was a newly promoted Flying Officer having spent 3 years as a Pilot Officer.

We used to record our arrival on RAF stations by walking all over the base with an increasingly dog-eared piece of blue card called an arrival chit, which had to be signed by about 20 people in positions of more or less power over you.

One of the more powerful was the Mechanical Transport Officer (MTO). I arrived at his office with blue card, but not knowing that MTO was on leave and MT Warrant Officer was covering for him.

Knock, knock....."come in". Fg Off SOSL opens door and steps in, right foot connects with wooden batten nailed to the floor to stop the MTO's carpet from curling up any more. Fg Off SOSL falls to his knees and utters an expletive. MT Warrant Officer looks up from his paperwork and sees in front of him a Fg Off on his knees holding up his arrival chit. Warrant Officer opines "D'you know, Sir, I think you and I are going to get on".

Happy days - keep 'em coming guys and gals. We haven't had any gals contribute yet.... or have we?

Last edited by SOSL; 1st May 2010 at 10:36. Reason: To correct service record