PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 16:13
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
What would you Do??

Whilst I fully understand some of the "simple" responses and views on this thread, and fully understand the frustrations of all the logical thinkers, there does remain the fact that BA CC have been lead by truly average -maybe less than that - managers for 20 to 30 years.

For instance
1. - Apparently, not a single CSD has been fired, for over 20 years for producing poor customer service.
2. For many years the sickness absence of BA CC was averaging over 20 days per person per annum, and no-one bothered to manage that. Taking a sickie was an entitlement. (Normal private sector sickness absence for white collar workers is 4 to 6 days per annum.)
3. The "manager" always rang the TU to ask for permission to do something that was outwith the "industrial" agreements, and always meekly accepted what the Union demanded. There was often extra money for very, very, minor things.
4. BA could not predict the working hours of staff with any degree of accuracy, which lead to massive CC overmanning.
5. The "Spanish" practices were actually encouraged by the immediate foreman/manager - the CSD.

I could go on - that's enough.

So you are crew. You know that WW will be gone in a couple of years, off to a better CEO job with a decent Company, with better share options.

The middle managers have not yet all been fired - so you know that as soon as WW goes, all the old practices will return. That Aussie PhD was brought in to reform BA - nothing much changed. Altho' he got us some more very lucrative trips to India. All will revert to normal once WW has gone.

Wouldn't you think carefully about all that and decide to be logical, prudent, and sensible about the future of your job?? - Best to stick with the people who are really running BA - otherwise known as Bassa, and ignore all this temporary kerfuffle that WW is causing????.

Bassa are clearly the "Executive" of BA's CC Department, and have been for 20 to 30 years.
Why read anything sent by BA?? I'll keep reading the comms from the real Executive - Bassa.

Food for thought.