PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helios Crash
Thread: Helios Crash
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 14:48
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now girls , enough handbags for the evening thankyou..........

I have just visited this thread for the 1st time in ages , cannot believe the bickering still going on.

The Airbus pilots giving it stick about the 'archaic' 737 pressurisation system ? Strange that MILLIONS of flights on 73's were ok , including ( the ) 1of the thousands of 73 flights I have commanded which actually had a Press Warning ( documented on this thread ages ok ) and which caused me to don my O2 mask etc etc ......bit of a non-event really , although it was a creeping cabin rise to 10,000+ ' , Why did I not think , even for 1 second , that I had a CONFIG warning ? I do not know , but perhaps one of you experts can advise me ?

I am certainly not happy that the crew are unable to defend themselves , because they paid the highest price for their mistake.

Did they have any feedback from the Cabin Crew ie ' Captain , why have the masks dropped down , is there a problem ? ' ( One of the 1st actions of F Deck is to switch seatbelts sign ON , but NO Emergency Descent announced , normal cruise climb still happening , why would masks drop ?) , this happened at Kegworth too. CRM courses have used that accident as a big stick in the many years gone by .This disaster should be twinned with Kegworth for future safety.

We have all exhausted our excuses for the crew , can we not just accept that this was one of those HUGE accidents which have no real lesson apart from ' WITHOUT COMMUNICATION , WE ARE DOOMED TO MISUNDERSTAND EACH OTHER ' .
The continuing Court cases in Nicosia are not helping anybody , the grieving families more so , can somebody please put an end to it all and tell them all that '**** Happens' , nothing can bring them back , how do the crews families feel about all this while they are still also grieving ?

Or is that classic Cypriot thing - blame everybody else , it makes you feel better ?

Very , very sad ................