PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Who Love Wearing The Uniform
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 14:19
pax domina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool the other half . . .

The other half is pretty much like Con-Pilot.

He once worked in a climate very unsuitable for wearing the pie plate, and mostly wore a very unofficial beanie I'd knitted for him. (I think he may have taken it off for line checks, but I know he never wore the pie plate.) Heck, if the company issues "those pilots" (as opposed to the ones who fly with hosties and always land at aerodromes with security) a foul hi-viz yellow foul weather jacket, then they should skip wasting money on a silly hat and just give them a nice knitted beanie with the company logo embroidered on it.

But I digress.

Another guy there was all about the hat (and the shiny bars as well, I suspect). He wore the pie plate in these unsuitable conditions and, wait for it . . .

his FB profile photo shows him sitting in the RHS (his current location) of what he flies now.

Can't really see any bars in the photo, but it looks like he's in his uniform. At least he's not a student.

However, to be a bit immodest, the other half (who's FB photo profile photo is of him on the sofa with three chihuahuas asleep on top of him) was generally considered by his SLF to be a superior aviator to the uniform lover above. (And, to again be immodest, they were correct.)

Not that the husband doesn't look damn hot in a typical pilot's uniform. He does.

Our official company flying Part 91 for the owner uniform is khaki pants and a blue polo shirt.