View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 14:04
BlackIsle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monday 22 April 1974 - Coltishall -1st Encounter with Lightning

POST 25 Refers -ACT 2 - The Debrief

Talkdown Controller Plt Off Dave L

"Lightning Pilot" Flt Lt Dick D - Atco in disguise and the Producer of the play

DL is sat in the corner of the Approach Room trawling through the Order Book and nobody has spoken to him in the 20 min that have elapsed since the talkdown finished.

In storms "the pilot" DD in a flying suit with some maps stuffed in pockets "Where's the Supervisor - I want to see that ******* GCA controller" The Supervisor says " He's over there ... it's his first day". DD storms over to DL and gives him a severe one way interview about the shocking GCA which ruined his students sortie and which would have to be flown again! DL was left ashen faced with bottom lip beginning to wobble!

10 mins later the phone rings and the Supervisor calls DL over saying " its for you" and DL finds himself speaking to JB who says "My name's Jack B I'm the pilot you talked down and you didn't do a bad job -welcome to Colt mate - see you in the bar for a beer." DL puts down the phone and the controllers and assistants in the Approach Room collapse into laughter. Another brilliant set up from a master of set ups Dick D!