PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - are you proud to be a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 12:56
169west

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biography is not destiny!

What makes the difference in quality of pilot life?

Considering different timelines, we all want to reach our goal! We want to be proud of what we have done both in our professional and personal career. Achievement is how we measure our success!
Achievement is how we take the invisible and we make it visible! We take what is our dream of being a pilot and we’ll make it happened. And this is the easy part. We know the rules and ones you know the game everything come pretty easy!
How many of you had the chance to interact with a pilot who had everything from the best flying school, the best new type rating and everything with daddy’s moneys and love and comforts; very often that type of pilot end-up complaining for the rest of their career. And then you meet pilots that have been into ultimate pain, spiritually, psychologically and emotionally abused and not always but often they became one of the pilot that contribute the most to help others.

Don’t get me wrong! Resources can help, but they are not the defining factor. Emotion or emotional pictures are the driving forces in everyone us.

So, am I proud of being a pilot?
YES, although to get chicks, it’s better to say you are plumber!
YES, because the emotional states related to sequence of different moments had created such a strong database of feelings that although, it is not difficult to picture myself with the plumber suite fixing some nice lady’s pipes, I do prefer to fly planes!