PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 09:02
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
PJ

good to know that you’re in the know. You wouldn't happen to be the alter ego of CAPT SANDMAN.

True he who is charge owns the train set. So as you are familiar with the process and the personalities and the reason behind this exercise, it then is fact that it is just to decrease personal time and increase stress levels.

I guess you’re right. Lemme see thats about 11 days (minus the travel and two board days) to build a plastic model which normally takes a 12 yo about (guessing here any model makers out there) what 5 - 6 hours. Given that its, how many in an FSP group, 7-8 adults. If you fly twice a day your finished in 6 days. So therefore forgetting nights where you are furiously studying that leaves 5 odd days (40 hours) for 7-8 adults to build this model. Yeah I would be panicked about the limited time and therefore really stressed. Cause I haven't forgotten the extra stress caused by having to research the type of aircraft the model is.
PJ maybe I am taking your post the wrong way but it appears as if your saying that the exercise is a waste of time thought up by an egotistical Wing Commander ( I don't think you have to be a Wing Commander to be egotistical have seen a few of those at Pilot Officer) to increase stress, decrease free time and provide models to whomever.

Undoubtedly your right with the OSB members monitoring this thread. However I doubt its a problem to say what you think in particular regarding recruiting and how incompetent they are.