PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Things Happen in The Air Force
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 08:10
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I swear the GIs (gunnery instructors[drill instructors]) have got a BIG book of the funniest phrases and comments to be used on the parade ground.

Dartmouth, early 80s and we're on mid-week divisions, practising for the 'proper' show on the weekend. There's lots and lots of marching up and down the square but the equally young and equally green Snotty marching in front of me really couldn't get his act together. It was tick-tocking at its very, very best. Luckily he was going through as an Observer, as I think his lack of co-ordination might have hampered his style as a pilot. Anyway, from the rear of the squad comes an incredulous squeal of 'halt' from the PO GI and up he marches, with pace stick of course and the whitest gaters you have ever seen in your life. Face literally millimeters from the disco-dancing marcher:

'Do you know what, Sir, because you're a young officer and I'm a Petty Officer I'm not allowed to call you a c**t. I am only allowed to THINK you are a c**t. AND do you know what, Sir? I THINK you are a f**k**g c**t. Now double round the ramparts, shouting to everybody what the PO thinks you are, Sir'

The only trouble was we were all laughing so hard that tears were literally flowing and it took a good few minutes before we could even see again, let alone march and, even as we did try, there was still this poor bugger running around the ramparts shouting, 'the PO thinks I'm a c**t', which set us all off again.

H&S wouldn't permit that sort of thing nowadays......as for the bullying, well heaven forbid....

PS: I know the thread says 'Air Force' but seeing as I spent so long with you poxy crabs, then I get to add Senior Service stuff too