PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 05:15
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Thanks Crazy, I missed that bit.

Dick,
Don’t keep pushing the Launceston issue too much because one day the truth will come out on how the safety case was written to support a pre-conceived conclusion.

For example, the ATSB prepared two different pages of the final report, and then only published the page which removed the criticism of the Virgin pilots for not stating clearly whether they were going to left or right base. Would you like me to get you a copy of the page which was changed?
So, we've got the whole pathetic situation turned around so that it is the RPT crew's fault? Where does it say in AIP that IFR aircraft are to broadcast their intentions in enough detail that a VFR aircraft in E can take appropriate self-segregation action? This is exactly what some of us are saying about E airspace, for goodness sake!

Any criticism should obviously be directed at your VFR pilot who decided not to say anything when he later admitted that "it appeared strange...". Did he know what energy state the 737 was in? Did he know who the PF was and what side of the cockpit he was on? Did he know what was going through the minds of the 737 crew as they were presented with the option? No.

I see the RA occurred at about 12nm from Launy; you're trying to tell me that your ace Tobago pilot could tell that a left base, as opposed to a right base, was going to cause a confliction? Come on! That bloke's ego is writing cheques his body can't cash!

That's why having a system that relies solely on the lowest common denominator being responsible for separation is stupid. When will you ever get the message?

The more you mention Launy, the bigger the hole you dig for your beloved E airspace. But keep it coming. I'm enjoying this.

The alarm bells are ringing, the red lights are flashing. Hopefully OAR will see right through the furphy that E airspace is.

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 30th Apr 2010 at 05:17. Reason: forgot to write DICK agian