PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 30th Apr 2010, 04:51
valensi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mari, dream_to_fly

guys you might like this aswell:

a friend of mine has tried 3 times for Emirates and finally made it to Final Interview just before the big recruitment freeze last year, an Australian guy who had worked for Qantas Domestic and longed to live in DXB and be part of the Emirates team. He was so nervous for his Final Interview which took place in Brisbane, when the recruiters asked him, "What are your main concerns about moving to Dubai?" he replies, "Well, I suppose all the Arabs..."

What he was TRYING to say was that he didn't speak Arabic, and would like to learn a few handy phrases before he left to help him. He said the interview concluded pretty swiftly after that and he received the inevitable just 2 weeks later: "It is with considerable regret that I have to inform you that you application has been unsuccessful"

Anyway, as it seems to always go in the airline industry, perserverance really does pay off. He attended another AD while on holiday in Dubai last year and started his training in January 2010 with Emirates... I guess practice makes perfect!