PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2010, 04:47
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Dick,

He has said to everyone including the ATSB that there was never, ever any chance of a collision, that he listened and heard the airline’s pilot’s calls on both the area frequency and the tower frequency; he sighted the aircraft and was not at any time going to run into the aircraft.
You're losing your memory. I covered this nonsense in detail in a previous post.

Now Bloggsy, what would you do in similar circumstances? Wouldn’t you make it clear where you were going, knowing that there could be other aircraft in the airspace which needed this vital information? Let’s say you’re in G and you decide to do a straight in approach – do you tell anyone, or just leave that a secret?
Knowing that there may be VFR aircraft who think they are God's gift to self separation that they do not need to pipe up? How much would it have cost to have that Tobago, the one that caused a TCAS RA because he lost the plot, on freq and communicating?

If you now want me to make enough broadcasts on the E freq to ensure that any unknown VFR will get a good-enough picture about where I am and what I am doing, I'll be jamming the freq.

That's the beauty of Class G and especially CASA's new rules - pilots, especially VFR, are encouraged to pipe up and talk, so that those who are in the best position to solve any conflicting, the RPT driver, can at least be alerted to what might happen.

By the way, Bloggs, I was the person who consistently pushed for the FAA system in CTAFs of the seven calls rather than our two – I wanted more announcements so there is less jamming of the frequency with dialogue.

I’m glad to see that’s happening.
Read your mailout, Dick. Your famous seven calls have been chucked in the bin.

Any more questions?

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 30th Apr 2010 at 04:49. Reason: Added DICK at the top.