PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANX2
Thread: MANX2
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 22:35
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think if Manx 2 tried direct BFS- GWY and BFS- ORK they mights struggle.

However i think the planned BFS-GWY-ORK route will do well. Using the 18-19 seater aircraft they will easily be able to fill or almost fill the aircraft, with additional revenue being made on the GWY-ORK sector.

In a earlier post someone asked why BFS and not BHD. I think they are operating to BFS as it offers more international connections on airlines such as LS and EZY. Also if they could agree a interline agreement with CO they could connect to the daily BFS-EWR flight or a agreement with EI on the LHR flights.

When it comes to the CWL-VLY route, NM is a good choice of successor, It will be interesting to see if a CWL-IOM route is added aswell.

Going forward I am really suprised one or more new routes hasn't been announced from GLO. I used the GLO-IOM route last week, GLO is a good airport and would appeal to business pax who normally fly to/from BHX and BRS.

NM could easily fill two daily (if not more) flights to ORK,DUB, EDI, GLA, NCL, BOH LGW or LCY from GLO. I personally think GLO should be NM next airport to expand flights from.

Another option could be to expand at BLK. BLK to ABZ and EDI would be good additons and would attract pax who work in the oil industry.

Also recently BE's flight operated by LC to INV from EDI was pulled. Maybe NM could start a daily GLO-EDI-INV route.

According to jethro's UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings

NM have a fleet consisting of 3 x Let410's operated by Van Air, 3 x Do228's operated by FLM and 1 x J31 operated by Jetstream aviation. Does anyone know if NM will add additional aircraft??.

Having flown on the Let and Dornier a/c I personally think they should add more Do228's.

Last edited by BAladdy; 29th Apr 2010 at 22:52.