PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Apr 2010, 18:34
Caribbean Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redeployment Agreeemnt

Reargunner said:
Also previously described by bill Francis Oct 23rd as part of "our package of changes to IFCE"....he says "we added to our package an offer which includes a new monthly travel payment, proposed changes to the disruption agreement and our proposed new redeployment arrangement"

and that this is
* Surplus colleagues given 52 weeks to find a new role
* Surplus colleagues given preferential access to job vacancies
* Pay protection run down over 52 weeks for those redeployed
*Pension protection during last 5 years before retirement for redeployees
* Voluntary buy-out of existing Personal Differentials

When quizzed about the working of this on the BA forum, before it was closed down Bill's repeated reply was that crew have never been placed in Careerlink and he would not be drawn futher.
Isn't part of the problem that crew, unlike just about every other part of BA, have never been in CareerLink? Too many just think that BA is there to pay their mortgage and rent, and unemployment is for others.

In my previous department, I knew one person who was in CareerLink for two years until she took VR last year. I also know of 10 others who were placed in CareerLink in July 2008 and have failed to find a job (though not for want of trying).

So, it's not surprising that BA wants to change the redeployment agreement and limit employees' stay in CareerLink to 12 months. It's fact that most companies don't have anything like CareerLink. Indeed, if you were to work for a US carrier looking to get rid of, say, 500 crew, they would just chop the last 500 who joined.

Tough though it can be in CareerLink, it's much preferable to be internally unemployed than externally unemployed. If you keep going on strike, you may well bring forward the day when you become externally unemployed.