PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Apr 2010, 17:43
Beagle9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reargunner

Wobbler...do I think I will get a better deal by striking? Do you think I will get a worse one?

As far as I can see, accepting this deal means I will keep my existing T&C until New Fleet is fully operational then I will lose all of it. I will be told there is no work for my existing job and put into Careerlink.

The redeployment agreement I will have just accepted gives me 3 months on full basic to find a new vacancy. Then 3 further months on 75% of that basic and then a further 3 months on 50% etc. So, if New Fleet is still growing and recruiting I can apply for a job there or leave.

If I strike, and it is not supported by a lot of cabin crew, then in June the company can terminate all cabin crew contracts and offer new ones with 90 days notice.

As far as I can see, there is very little between the two threats to my livelihood

Reargunner, given what you say above, I guess it's down to which possibility you personally find most likely to happen.

Nothing in life comes with a guarantee and sometimes you have to fight the battles as they happen, rather than fight them based on what MIGHT theoretically happen.

For me, given my experience over 28 years of BASSA's conspiracy theory/scaremongering style of drumming up support and subsequent proof of it all being a lot of twaddle, the first scenario seems less likely than the second.

However I can't be absolutely 100% sure. What I can be sure of is, there's unlikely to be a better deal, and BASSA have had their chance to nail down the detail over the last year or so, but they chose to squabble with Amicus, fight the wrong fights, tell porkies and generally act unprofessionally, so I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to take a chance.