Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 17:27
Daffydil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the winner is..........

From the Welsh Assembly website

New operator for North-South air link announced

Manx2.com, along with its partner carrier FLM Aviation, have been appointed as the new operator for the North-South air link, the Welsh Assembly Government announced today (Thursday 29 April).
The Cardiff to Anglesey service will resume on Monday 10 May and passengers will be able to make bookings shortly.
Deputy First Minister Ieuan Wyn Jones said:
"I am pleased to announce that Manx2 will be running the north - south air link from 10 May. This is a vital service which helps to secure economic, social and political cohesion in Wales, as well as supporting economic development in north-west Wales. I made a commitment that the Assembly Government would take action to maintain this service and we have now achieved this.

“As I have said before, the Cardiff to Anglesey service has been hugely popular, with passenger numbers far exceeding our expectations. Manx2 is an established operator with a proven track record, who already has experience of operating the service from those occasions when Highland Airways had operational difficulties. The Assembly Government is committed to maintaining this vital service and we look forward to working with Manx2 to build on its success”.
Noel Hayes, Chairman of Manx2.com, said:
“As a Celtic neighbour, Manx2.com is delighted to have been chosen to reconnect Cardiff and Anglesey. With our home base just 50 miles away across the Irish Sea, we’re excited about the prospect of bringing our award-winning service and our record of reliability and punctuality to this essential community route”.

Manx2 has been appointed to operate the service for seven months. The Welsh Assembly Government will shortly be undertaking a further tendering exercise at the European level to appoint an operator for a four-year contract.