PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Apr 2010, 16:20
Reargunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HiFlyer

Yes this offer says they will put the crew on and recruit into New Fleet the equivalent numbers...on the same page as it says they will continue and give out part-time to all the crew on the existing list.

I'm saying that the return of the 184 does not HAVE to be made up by recruitment it can be made up by a simple reduction in part time offers, but the company chooses this route.

As I said, the reference to accepting the conclusions of the EPC within 4 weeks is on page 6. I'm sure you have read it and if you think the decision to change those elements of redeployment, grievance, disciplinary and pension protection of all contracts has changed from last year, then BA have opened a Q&A phone line, where I'm sure they will be able to tell us.

4486 and Hand S. Yes there is a difference in location. The way you express the BALPA objection to Open Skies is a tiny bit confusing to those of us who don't talk about issues that only affect pilots very often. I understood that they wanted all the new pilots inside the existing seniority list (making these new pilots part of mainline) to ensure they became, in effect, an extension to the existing pilot community, rather than a potential future threat.

They weren't REALLY saying that pilots already working for BA would transfer to OS and their much lower T&C...they were saying that the new recruits can come in on the low T&C, but they should be part of the existing career pathway.

When that became unachievable, because of some manipulation of existing laws, they settled for ammending the pilots MOA scope agreement to strengthen the protection of London BA pilots against work being transfered.

Wobbly, I'm not either...an employment laywer...I serve tea and coffee! But, I think the I probably used the word redundant in the wrong context...when you are placed in a redeployment process, it isn't classed as redundancy, I don't think. I guess that's the whole point.

Finally, 4486 the productivity & pay deal for current cabin crew amounts to 14% of our department budget and about 30-40% of the total airline savings to be made. That is not small and New Fleet savings are in addition to that.

I'm afraid I have to go now. Out of time as always! I'm happy to discuss my opinion, but it gets very hard to reply to so many posts that seem to be directed to me. If I can I will come back and try again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.