PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why only few pilots join Vietnam now?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 02:32
320_ElectroJet_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry Grace.Lee, but I'm a bit confused. Your appearance is that you're in Taiwan and are pilot thinking that you'd like to join Vietnam Airlines.

However, your only three postings seem directed at finding out why VN Air cannot seem to recruit qualified wide-body pilots (A330/777).

Pardon me, but these questions do seem like they may be coming from a person inside VN Air, or one of the agencies, and are intended to find some answers while remaining anonymous.

For example, if you were just "...considering to apply..." why not simply read the several thousand other postings about VN Air already existing on this site?

Some others.....

"...VNA delaying delivery of 3 A330's..."? The company has never publicly said this, and has not indicated this to any current pilots. Shall we assume that you know something that those of us here don't know?

"...Vietnam people is really friendly to foreign pilots, this is important..." Although this was once true, it is becoming further from the truth each day and all the expat pilots at VN Air know it.

"...and the living cost is Vietnam is really nothing..." The only people who still believe this are the Vietnamese. Actually, the cost of living in Vietnam has exceeded that of both Hong Kong and Singapore! Both HCMC and Hanoi are internationally documented as two of the worlds most expensive cities to live in.

I respectfully suggest, that if you (VN air) are really interested in finding out why pilots are not interested in joining VN Air, you should begin by asking the pilots currently on contract, before they too leave.