PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 01:25
pinkpalace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the pink to the think.

Good morning you all,
I'm new on PPrune, but I'm not new in Gulf Air.

I absolutely respect all the comments about the business Plan, the CEO, the Embraer, etc.

I'm sure that most of the comment are from people who absolutely love to stay in GF and living in Bahrain.

What I'd like to say and see is a different approach to our problems.

Embraer is not our aircraft, T7 is our aircraft, and I think everybody agree.

But for the time being we have to think about the real problems of the flight deck and cabin crew of our airline.

Why our roster are always published with many delays, why we speak a lot about CRM and we have different roster with cabin crews, why we're looking forward to have only turn around and minimum rest?

Why 90% of our roster are scheduled to request a Captain discretion, and worst thing, why all of us go on discretion?

We are Pilots, all of us, everyday (local, expat, muslim, buddhist, jewish, captain, copilot, cadet, etc) complain about rostering, but nobody do anything to change this.

Is really Majali a problem for us? I don't think so. We are the problem.

Everyday I fly with a copilot called from a day off. Sometimes I fly with a Captain on the right seat called from a day off.

Is the Embraer the real problem?

Next month we're starting to have all turn around on 320, 330 & 340 to India, Nepal, and Pakistan flights.

Stop complaining about the business plan (we don't have the power and the knowledge to fight against it) and focus on our life.

2 days off, 1 day stand by, 2 days off in a row. . . this is a problem!
2 pilots in the Hotel, 8 Cabin Crew turn around is a problem.

Complain about the Jordan, but kick the lebanese in the ass (ok, I know he likes, but was a saying).

Greetings from Pink Palace.