PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2010, 00:39
OnEsTeP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hammerthrower….

After reading the last few posts, I just wanted to add my experiences of going through education to where I am now..
I did not go to university as I was quick to identify I wanted to be an air traffic controller half way through college. After doing a bit of research, there was no obvious course that would guarantee me a place at the ATCC in Bournemouth..Therefore I thought, whats the point?
I would never knock anyone who attends uni and obtains a degree however if your goal in life is to be ATCO and you are determined not to fail, then don’t delay your career learning or studying something your not interested in..
I completed my A levels and have recently passed stage 3…Result !!
A lot of my friends went to Uni and don’t get me wrong, they had a awesome time!! However a lot of them are not in the same position I am now AKA the right path to achieving what they want in life!
So far, my life experience has been achieved though travelling the States, exploring Europe, climbing a couple of mountains and experiencing other failures and successes in life..they were not experienced going through uni...
If you want to be ATCO, got for it when your good and ready but remember, even if you were to attend Uni and get a 2:1 in whatever subject…you would still be required to sit the exams set my NATS..
Hope this broadens your view..
Cheers