PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Knows How Many Aircrafts An A&p Licensed Maintenance Technician Can Operates?
Old 28th Apr 2010, 16:21
NutLoose

Received 2,944 Likes on 1,254 Posts
I don't like being the goon standing there with that deer in the headlights look on my face when people start asking questions. The fewer types you actively work the better I know I am at my job.
The question was how many one could have on ones licence to which I was making the point, you can have literally hundreds.

I as with a lot of the Engineers on here will have the same amount on their licences, give or take the odd one, would I work on them well the answer is simply No.
I have the DC6, DC7 etc on my CAA Licence, which I would be perfectly legally entitled to sign off, but only an idiot would go down that route not having worked on them before. The reason you get large groups is to be honest a Cessna single is a Cessna single whatever the size, the differences really between a 152 and a 172 is about a foot more metal and a couple of seats....... not strictly true, but you get my drift.

35 odd years as an Aircraft Engineer working on big stuff, helicopters, fighters, exec jets and the smaller stuff, I have hopefully long ago learn't not to walk out in front of cars at night and I'd rather buy my Venison at the local supermarket