PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2010, 07:52
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dick,

As regards your Post #735, I admit to being a little confused. You stated that:

What is amazing about this VOR stuff is that no-one is stating this information under their own name. Why could this be? Surely they wouldn’t be scared of giving factual information which is so important for our aviation community?
That was in response to Peuce.

Yet, at the same time you are perfectly willing to selectively quote the 'anonymous' VOR in support of your argument about Class E. And I emphasise 'selectively.'

'It doesn't compute Jim,'

Dick, Class E is a dog in the terminal environment and an accident waiting to happen.

What Class E does, in the terminal environment, is allow a situation where separation responsibility could rest on the shoulders of a minimum hours VFR pilot. Are you seriously telling me it's 'safe' and 'acceptable' for a VFR pilot with 5 hours under his belt to find, identify and self-separate from an aluminium tube doing 250 KIAS on descent? An aircraft that is not tracking by any feature the 5-hour VFR pilot is familiar with? An IFR aircraft that has 150 trusting, fare-paying punters down the back in the terminal area? And don't give me that stuff about the responsibility to 'look out the window.' Unalerted see-and-avoid,' in non-radar Class E terminal airspace, is dangerous and potentially fatal. In fact Class E terminal airspace in a surveilled environment isn't the duck's guts either. But that's a different argument.

I cannot believe what I see as your 'fundamentalist' views in relation to terminal Class E. It reminds me of those US born-again Christians. 'Hallelujah, praise the Lord and trust in God.'

That's about all the guarantee we have with non-radar Class E Dick - 'trust in God.'

Damn, he's gone again.

Last edited by Howabout; 28th Apr 2010 at 11:11.