PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Who Love Wearing The Uniform
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2010, 18:08
Kiltie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyingvisit your friend seems to be quite narrow minded, as he implies the ones that wear uniforms and hats don't have a love for their occupation.

I... "love flying and anything to do with aviation". However, there has often been a perception that it's popular to disregard smart attire and wallow in the chuckling remarks of one's colleagues of "Ho ho! He doesn't give a damn....he's alright him."

Unfortunately I have flown with a few pilots who have achieved a professional licence but have been too busy "enjoying flying and having a love for it" to take a step back, look at their fat sweaty ar*es hanging out of their trousers, their ties in their pockets and blazers wide open exposing their beer bellies, to be more self critical of their abilities.

The longer I've done this job the more I have slowed down and tried to refine the skillsets I have acquired; if I can't even wear a uniform and represent my employer smartly then I doubt I would have the motivation to want to improve my overall flying ability.

Last edited by Kiltie; 27th Apr 2010 at 18:35.