PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas,JetStar and Honolulu
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2010, 10:09
Pedota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breakfastburrito

We have exchanged views on similar subjects in the past . . .

While it does not pertain to the Honolulu service, I had my first Jet* flight on Sunday evening. I was using QF points and went to Perth on QF and came home Jet* (because it was convenient) and I thought I would share my experience.

And in offering this missive I am very much aware that a ‘sample of two’ does not make a representative position.

In summary, the only difference between the two ‘airlines’ was that QF provided a ‘meal’, a snack, pillows and blankets (although not enough of both) and IFE (although it was broken on the 76 – which caused a 45 minute delay). Alcoholic drinks were for sale on both flights.

The QF 76 was old and tired – and the cabin crew dude in my sector was one of those in your face blokes, always wanting to be the centre of attention. All the flying was wonderful and announcements informative and to the point. And I still like the ‘Captain’ standing at the cockpit door saying cheerio to everyone – and apologising for being late, which he did.

The Jet* A321 was new and impressive . . . I heard my fellow passengers comment about this. A fellow traveller left her phone in the terminal toilets and they found it – she was most grateful. We left early and the flying was wonderful, ‘tech crew’ announcements succinct, clear and informative. The cabin crew were Gen X or Y . . . all cool, low key and nothing too much trouble, including bending some rules.

Jet* arrivals at Melbourne mean walking down the stairs and a long hike to the baggage claim . . . but sometimes the distance is just as long with QF.

All in all, on these flights the QF ‘full service’ high cost carrier offered a meal, snack, pillows and a blanket and the Jet* ‘empty service’ low cost carrier did not.

Just my 10 cents worth . . .

Cheers

Pedota