PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ash clouds threaten air traffic
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2010, 09:52
captainpaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, seeing as the decision has already been made there is probably little point in me occupying the dark side anymore. I gues ultimately your right. Engine monitoring programs will have to carefully watched over the next few months. They should be enough to prevent any catastrophic issues.

Isn't a shame and in my mind very damning of this industry, that we need to rely on a previously instated and successful safety measure to protect us from the potential ill effects of brand new "safety" measure?

But there lies the truth about the world we work in. The there have been many cases over the years of regulators bending to the demands of the industry. September 11th infuriated me as a light aircraft pilot in the US. Commercial airliners knocked down two buildings. Every single aircraft is grounded. Two days later commercial traffic is flying again and it takes two full weeks before light aircraft are allowed up. Many small businesses collapse as a result. How could light aircraft be a greater threat than an airliner? Wel,, they're not. The just can't lobby as effectively. I think we have just witnessed something similar again....

Thanks for the reply Pace.