PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northern Air Arusha Tanzania, bad news man
Old 27th Apr 2010, 08:52
wildlife1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get your facts straight guys

A couple of facts about Northern Air that your sources(I would be scheptical of trusting your sources in the future if I were you, they dont make you look very good) forgot to tell you titan2

1. NA is the only charter company in Arusha that mandates a 2 crew operation in their SOP. Your "inexperienced punks" only sit right seat. There has never been a 2500 hour company rule.
2. NA is the only charter company that sends it's crew for regular simulator training. Seems like they take safety seriously to me!!
3. NA organised ,for not only their crew but all Arusha crew who could attend, CRM and DG training in 2009. Looks like they are interested in helping to improve the safety of the Arusha operation.
4. NA has certified Safety and QA officers. Seems like they do things correctly to me.
5. NA is owned by an American Company and my guess is that they endorsed the retrenchment of "the American". I guess your S.African or "Kaburu's" comment is just a fear of efficiency and good work ethic anyway.

And so on and so on...........

This is just what I have heard from the NA pilots themselves in Arusha. Nobody agrees with people losing their jobs, I hear that the CP did not agree with this retrenchment either. If you want to know whats going on their why dont you ask him.

One last point. I read from your thread that you have a hunting company. I bet you 90% of the pilots in NA can fire a rifle, however,none of them will profess to knowing anything about hunting. Likewise, sitting in the back of an aeroplane does not give anyone insight into what it takes to be a professional pilot. My point, if hunting is your expertise then stick to hunting. If aviation is your expertise then stick to aviation.