PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - are you proud to be a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2010, 05:19
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly odd thread. I think there are many many people out there who are incredibly proud to be pilots, tell all their friends and always make a fuss about what they do (not saying you are like that) the problem is I expect everyone who is paying to fly 320's 737's etc or who have accepted laughable conditions just to be able to say "I am an airline pilot" make up a vast number of these "proud" pilots. Its funny though as these guys have a disease, mental problems and should not be proud, they should be ashamed of what they are doing.

I am proud of what I do, sure, it was hard to get here but I made it and believe I do a good job. I think if you made it without hurting the industry, know your stuff and are professional about your job you deserve to feel proud as it is not an easy industry to get into or do well in. I often feel like it is just a job, I expect it gets like that for many but that goes away the second I am standing on the apron looking up at that monster and I don't even really get to fly it yet :-) Starts feeling like just a job again once sitting there bored 7 hours into the flight but yeah I am proud of what I do.