PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAMEs - Recommendations for Class 1 Medical Renewals
Old 26th Apr 2010, 22:21
frigatebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or two then... (maybe)...

A doctor I used to go to (and his father - A DAME before him, also was the family doctor for the parents till he retired) sold out of his practice for medical reasons himself, but later came back to it and did a couple of days a week. With a need to see him, I made an appointment and duly turned up to be told that I would be seeing another doctor as he didn't come in that day. When explained that I wanted to see 'my' doctor who I had seen for years, was told I was 'racist' (the other doctors in the practice were now all foreign born and trained) and I would have to go elsewhere. Sure cuts the ground out from under you when you lose trust in your doctor !! Like I said earlier, seeing a new doctor for the first time, as someone I know had to,(- was made to, unnecccessarily, as it turned out), there is always an exploratory period that can have repercussions.

Can understand where you're coming from..
" We all know the kind of doctor I'm trying to avoid...the overly zealous or overly pedantic kind...the one who spends hours scrutinising you for some undiscovered disease in the hope that you'll further their professional medical career rather than just the minimum medical probing required to make sure you're safe and can relax as you continue to earn your living."