PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Apr 2010, 18:45
Reargunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, are you saying that this message from Duncan is wrong because it is untrue that the pilots who have been supporting the BBA initiative and volunteering as cabin crew would not withdraw that support if ST was restored?

Or is it only wrong, because there is no official spokesman for this gang, and therefore, nobody can voice their point of view?

Isn't this attitude a least half implied by the posts on here talking about Willy needing to keep/reward the loyalty of his volunteers by not returning staff travel to cabin crew?

No pilots seem to be posting to say that it can't be true because they are voluneers but do not hold this opinion.

If you're genuinely concerned about the deterioration in the relationship between pilots and the "other half of the airborne team", then perhaps those few pilots that have been loudly boasting about how easy it's going to be get staff travel seats now cabin crew are out of the picture should be advised to speak a little more quietly?

I find it increasingly difficult to convince anyone in the cabin that not all pilots feel little but contempt for cabin crew, that many of them are motivated in their actions by genuine principal and not a vindictive enjoyment of others' losses.

You may imagine that this view will change as soon as BA has sacked enough crew...but I'm afraid it will become worse. I wish the only problem was what BASSA reps say - a lot of responsibility lies with what pilots say and do. Brainwashing, was mentiond...but few people actually would give credance to this if it clashed with their everyday experiences.

Eddy, the volunteers are being sent out on regular flights, not just 'rescue flights'. In fact, it sounds like everything went out one down or with two voluneers instead of real crew.

S76Heavy, Duncan posting his personal opinion on our website is unlikely to be more libelous than people posting on here that they think he is a liar and a trouble maker who should be sacked....is it?