PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2010, 08:30
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sk8erboi

He is one of those Parc 'losers' who were taken on under 'dire' conditions. He now has the promise of a full time contract with easyJet - in the current climate that is not bad. He will not be on a brilliant deal, but it will be a whole lot better than working for Vietnam Airlines or similar.
I think NSF was employing some gentle sarcasm don't you?

A view I agree with. Low houred P2F monkeys I don't give a damn for. In my opinion they reap what they sow. But guys who entered and served in this profession long before rich brats started ruining it for us I think deserve better.
Such a balanced viewpoint. That sort of language does nobody any credit. You have strong views. We all do on some subject or other. That does not entitle us to refer to fellow pilots whom we do not know as "monkeys" or "rich brats". I don't know what company CC you are a member of but as a BALPA CC member you ought to remember that these fellows may also be BALPA members now or in the future. Incidentally I have just done a simulator detail with one whom you would refer to as a "monkey" or "rich brat". He was good. Very good. And very knowledgable for his stage of training. Indistinguishable from the good hand-picked cadet of yesteryear.

I deplore what has happened to the entry conditions for FOs but I have to say we are powerless to stop it within the law. Only airline executives and legislators can stop it. They have to be lobbied relentlessly. But, if we use the sort of language you use it will win no friends and win no battles.