PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Class E Stuff-Up?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2010, 07:47
peuce

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Bushy,

I understand how it can appear that we're trying to shaft VFRs .. at the expense of IFRs ... because that's all we've been talking about. We have had to push some pretty serious points and the reasonoing we use can appear pretty extreme ...

However,my point of view is that the first priority has to be the protection of IFR RPTs with dozens of paying souls on board. Passengers can't fly themselves, so they put their trust in dumb ole pilots. The least the piloting community can do is try and ensure that fare paying passengers have a pretty good chance of safely getting to their destination. To do that, we have to be sure we have a robust safety regime, that will stand public scrutiny. To date, many of us don't believe that our Government has provided us with that.

Once that is squared away, one way or the other, I am also certain that "sensible arrangements" for VFR participation will be the next priority.

Hopefully, that might be achieved at the same time and your suggestions on how that might be achieved would be welcomed in this Forum.

And to answer your first question last ... none of us have all the answers .. and most of us are indeed, fallible ...that's probably why we are here ... to gain more knowledge.